Acceptable use policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access this website. This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, this website.
Your use of this website means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.
openutility.com and piclo.uk are sites operated by Open Utility Ltd (we or us). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 08384033 and our VAT number is 184949452.
You may use this website only for lawful purposes. You may not use this website:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- To infringe the rights of any person or entity, including without limitation, their intellectual property, privacy, publicity or contractual rights.
- To post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any content that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances.
- For any commercial or other purposes that are not expressly permitted by the terms of website use.
- In connection with the distribution of unsolicited commercial email ("spam") or advertisements.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, store, copy or re-sell any part of this website in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use, including displaying, mirroring or framing this website, or any individual element of it, the Open Utility or Piclo name, the Open Utility or Piclo logo or any other trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page in the site, without our prior written consent.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of this website;
- any equipment or network on which this website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of this website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party
- Not to attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any of our systems or networks or breach any security or authentication measures.
- Not to avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble, or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by us or any of our providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect any element of the site.
- Not to attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide any element of the site or advocate, encourage, or assist any third party in doing any of the foregoing.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on this website (interactive services).
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on this website, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on this website, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to this website (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
- Not infringe the Prohibited Uses restrictions.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of this website. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use this website.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to this website.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy